Computer Operations and Concepts Workshop
If you are looking for some help to learn new or enhance existing computer skills, you have found the right place. In this computer operations workshop you will learn:
- Identify hardware components eg. keyboard, mouse, monitor/screen etc..
- Matches equipment to purpose – eg digital camera to capture images
- Identifies cursor
- Recognizes the typical features of an applications window title bar, toolbar, menu bar, status bar, scroll bar
- Has a knowledge of drop-down menus, what sub-menus they contain and conventions for activating them
- Discriminates in the choice of applications for a given purpose
- Selects menu items from a drop-down menu
- Starts an application and creates a document
- Names and saves a document in appropriate folder/directory
- Retrieves, revises and renames a document
- Understands difference between “save” and “save as”
- Prints document
- Uses print preview to view a document before printing
- Understands orientation of page for document layout
- Considers what needs to be printed eg pages to print
- Understands and uses dialogue boxes
- Using computer-based technologies to manipulate, create, store and retrieve information to express ideas and communicate with others.
Workshops are held in 2 sessions, 1 hour each session spread out over a 2 week period.