Word Processing Workshop
This introductory course helps orient beginners to Word. Learn how to create, edit, print and save documents, as well as use formatting tools to adjust headers and footers. You will also learn how to create PDF’s. In this course you will learn:
- Locates and uses return/enter, space, delete/backspace, shift, caps lock.
- Uses appropriate terminology – font, upper/lower case, bold,italics, underline.
- Type’s sentence
- Selects/highlights text.
- Delete text.
- Varies font, size and style.
- Understands cut, copy, paste.
- Uses undo command.
- Creates text box.
- Uses borders.
- Uses spell checker.
- Realizes limitations of spell checker.
- Changes text alignment.
- Uses thesaurus.
- Changes margins and line spacing.
- Uses columns.
- Understands use of Tab to indent.
- Uses bullets, numbering.
- How to save a doc as PDF and why.
Workshops are held in 2 sessions, 1 hour each session spread out over a 2 week period.